January 30, 2023
The weather forecast for our area calls for inclement weather including possible ice and temperatures below freezing. The cold front is expected to continue through Wednesday afternoon, February 1.
The State’s electric grid will be challenged to meet the needs of all Texans during this cold front so preparation for a possible power outage would be recommended.
Here are a few cold weather and energy tips:
- Locate your water shut off valve and remove debris and obstacles. Watch the short video below on how to locate and shut off the water to your home.
- Remove garden hoses and wrap exterior pipes and facets.
- Turn off irrigation systems and automatic pool filling.
- Cover irrigation back flow valves and piping.
- Cover pool equipment and hot tubs to maintain heat levels.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinets to expose the pipes to the warmth.
- Have extra bottled water and non-perishable food on hand.
- Turn down the thermostats to 68 degrees or slightly lower.
- Know where candles and battery operated flashlights are and keep them close at hand.
Please be proactive to assure the safest outcome for everyone during this cold weather event.
Bastrop County MUD No. 1
Below is a quick video showing how to locate your customer shut off water valve in case of a water leak or broken water line
The image below shows what your shut off valve will look like.