Conservation Tips Inside the House
Conservation Tips Outside the House
- Check for irrigation leaks and broken sprinkler heads, and repair quickly
- Hire an irrigation company to perform an irrigation audit of your system. Do you have any leaks? Repairs? Is your controller set to water during your allowed day(s) and times? Here are a few links to get you started.
- Upgrade your irrigation system and receive 50% of the cost, up to $600 (labor and taxes not included) Purchase your smart system today with automatic shutoff when rain and/or wet soil is detected! https://www.lcra.org/water/watersmart/rebates/
- Plant native drought resistant plants that do not require a lot of water. Check out LCRA’s sensible soil guidelines. https://www.lcra.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/2017_SensibleLandscapesBrochure_Digital_Final.pdf
- Work with your HOA to add more xeriscaping and less grass to the front and back yards